Okay, so I’ve got started. I’ve started cutting the channel and angle iron so I have a flat strips and corner beads. I’m not sure how many pieces I need, so I’m just cutting a bunch and will figure out how big this thing is as I go along. Although I’d like to have one BIG piece on the wall I’m not so sure weight -wise that it’s going to work out that way.
So I guess I’ll wait until I have all the pieces cut and ready to go together. I’ve taken the cut pieces and run the grinder with a flapper disk over them. Took the black enamel off them …ish. Think it looks pretty good. Now I ‘m thinking about how to put it together. Got a couple of options that I’ll let stew for a while. You know, this process is kind of like one of those choose your own adventure books and that’s what I like about it. I have a rough idea of where it’s going, don’t know where it’ll end up, but it’ll either turn out like I thought it would or will have a surprise ending. We’ll see in the next step.